Minuteman High School returns to in-person dining at the school's restaurant.
The District Restaurant and Cafe, operated by students in culinary arts and hospitality, reopened for the 2021-22 school year on Sept. 15 for lunchtime in-person dining by reservation. In addition, the popular “Soup Group” weekly to-go meals plans to return in October.
Students will also cook and prepare 125 meals per week for people who are food insecure through Food Link, the nonprofit based in Arlington.
“We are excited to welcome back our customers and proud of our Culinary Arts students for serving even more people in our communities,” said Superintendent-Director Edward A. Bouquillon. “The meals are delicious, affordable, and nutritious, and showcase the hard work and creativity of the students.”
The first day of in-person dining at The District took place Sept. 15, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Reservations by phone are required. More details are explained below.
Online orders for the weekly Soup Group begin on Friday, Oct. 1, and will be ready for pickup on Thursday, Oct. 7. More details are explained below.
Reservations are required for in-person lunchtime dining, which will be offered Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Minuteman High School, 758 Marrett Road (Rt. 2A), Lexington.
- Reservations are required by phone. Call 781-372-2985 between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. weekdays.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays: Customers can choose from a monthly la carte menu.
- Fridays: We’re introducing “Family Style Fridays!” It’s a buffet without having to leave your table. Customers pay a set rate and can request additional helpings of food with the meal served at your seat. Weekly Family Style Friday menus will be posted online.
- Outdoor seating will be available, weather permitting.
- Customers are asked to use the main entrance to the school and check in with security.
- Face masks are required for all customers indoors while not actively eating or drinking, per the current indoor mask mandates in the towns of Lexington and Lincoln.
Every Friday afternoon while school is in session, Minuteman will post the weekly Soup Group menu online for customers to pick up curbside, outside the school the following Thursday. Each week, the menu features a different entrée and soup plus desserts and bread rolls.
- Friday afternoons: The Soup Group menu is posted on minuteman.org and shared on Minuteman’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Orders must be made by Monday morning at 9; the order form will be closed at that time.
- Pick up your Soup Group items in your vehicle on Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Payment will be made upon pickup.
Minuteman’s Culinary Arts and Hospitality students are partnering with Food Link for the second year in a row. The nonprofit rescues unused food from grocery stores, wholesalers, and farms, and provides the items to the Minuteman students to make meals for 125 local families each week. During the 2020-21 school year, students produced about 5,000 meals for Food Link.
The District Café, located inside the restaurant, will continue to provide sandwiches, salads, soups, desserts, and other to-go items for Minuteman staff.
This news announcement was published Sunday, Sept. 19, 2021.
FACEBOOK BOX: To see all images, click the PHOTOS link just below