The Arlington Education Foundation (AEF) funded in October its first round of Continuing Scholar Awards for the 2018-2019 school year. The award is designed to give teachers opportunities to explore their own interests and expand their professional and personal development.
The following teachers and school staff are AEF’s most recent Continuing Scholar Award recipients:
- Dallin School teachers, Michelle Crowley, Lianne Dusek and Ruby Liu will attend the Social Emotional Artistic Learning (SEAL) winter retreat, in Essex, Mass.
- Pierce Elementary School first grade teacher, Elena Haro, will participate in a Responsive Classroom course entitled ”Responding to Misbehavior.”
- AHS Spanish teachers, Christina Toro and Katia Marticorena, will be presenters and attendees at the Northeast Conference on Teaching of Foreign Language in New York, N.Y.
- Seven science teachers from across the district will attend the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) Annual Conference in Boston.
- Helen Bassett, Deb Bermudes, Marianne Condon, Cindy Fijux and Cybil Ransom-Joyce, all occupational therapists who work across the district, will attend the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Annual Conference and Expo in Boston.
The next Continuing Scholar Award application deadline is Jan. 30, 2020. The Arlington Education Foundation is committed to enhancing teaching and learning in all of Arlington’s public schools. Through charitable donations and business sponsorships, the foundation grants over $100,000 annually.
To learn more, visit www.aefma.org.
This extended announcement was published Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019.
FACEBOOK BOX: To see all images, click the PHOTOS link just below