UPDATED: An ammonia leak at an Arlington ice rink Friday, Nov. 20, was caused by a faulty oil line to a compressor, Fire Chief Kevin Kelley reported Nov. 21.
Firefighters responded to the Ed Burns Arena for reports of a hazmat situation, Channel 7 News reported. The rink was in use at the time and everyone evacuated, officials told the TV station.
No one was hurt in the leak, they said.
Kelley reported that the alarm came in about 6 p.m. and an estimated 20 people were evacuated without issues.
Feb. 7, 2020: East Arlington garage, house fires investigated
This news announcement was published Saturday, Nov. 21, 2020, and updated with comments from Chief Kelley.
FACEBOOK BOX: To see all images, click the PHOTOS link just below