- Parking: Paying OK, but replace the meters
- Charter schools here?
- Majority opposes marijuana proposal
- Majority backs looser alcohol restrictions
- Majority favors gas tax over tolls
- Plow the bikeway again?
- Bicycling to school
- Green Line extension public meeting in Medford on March 9
- Democratic Senate candidates
- Town ballot question on alcohol
- What decision should Patrick make on casino gambling?
- Town graffiti bylaw
- Cell phone tower at Peirce School
- Possible restaurant tax
- Fenced dog park?
- All Pages
Proposed cell-phone tower atop Peirce School
From Monday, April 2, to Monday, April 23, YourArlington.com published an unscientific poll that asked for opinions about what the School Committee should do with regard to the proposed cell-phone tower atop Peirce School.
Respondents were asked for their top choice only.
Of the 161 who voted in the three-week period, here are the choices and the votes for each:
Accept it for the potential revenue because cell towers are safe: 67, 41.6%
Accept it because of the potential revenue only after knowing the tower is safe: 55, 34.2%
Reject the proposal because of its potential danger to children: 22, 13.7%
Reject the proposal because private cell towers should not be on public schools: 17, 10.6%