- Parking: Paying OK, but replace the meters
- Charter schools here?
- Majority opposes marijuana proposal
- Majority backs looser alcohol restrictions
- Majority favors gas tax over tolls
- Plow the bikeway again?
- Bicycling to school
- Green Line extension public meeting in Medford on March 9
- Democratic Senate candidates
- Town ballot question on alcohol
- What decision should Patrick make on casino gambling?
- Town graffiti bylaw
- Cell phone tower at Peirce School
- Possible restaurant tax
- Fenced dog park?
- All Pages
Most unconcerned about late school opening
From 8 a.m. Monday, Aug. 10, to 8 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 29, YourArlington published an unscientific poll asked: With Arlington public schools opening late, how will you occupy your children until Sept. 10? (Top answer only.) The results among 98 who voted:
No prob -- it has no effect on me: 56 (57.1%)
Use vacation days to be home with them: 17 (17.3%)
Pay for child care: 10 (10.2%)
Public schools don't open until then? I have no clue: 8 (8.2%)
Take them to work with me: 6 (6.1%)
Send the kids to relatives: 1 (1%)