The School Committee plans to hold a special organizational meeting set for Thursday, April 11, at 6 p.m. in the School Committee Room, sixth floor, Arlington High School. Agenda*:
1. Call to order, Mr. Paul Schlichtman, Chairperson Pro Tempore
2. Nominations for Office of Chair
3. Nominations for Office of Vice Chair
4. Nominations for Office of Secretary
5. Vote on Authorization of Chair to Sign Payroll
6. MASC Committee’s Nominations and Resolutions
The regular School Committee meeting is set for Thursday, April 11, at 6:30 p.m. in the same place. Agenda*:
6:30 Opening Remarks (10 minutes) Chair
6:40 Public Participation (10 minutes)
(Per File BEDH, ASC Policy Manual) Speakers will be allowed three (3) minutes to present their material. Issues requiring extensive discussion may be deferred to a future meeting as a scheduled agenda item. All remarks will be addressed through the chairperson of the meeting.
6:50 RETELL, Rethink Equity and Teaching for English Language Learners (30 minutes) L. Chesson
7:20 Approval of Updated Athletic Director Job Description (10 minutes) R. Spiegel
7:30 Update on Thompson Rebuild (5 minutes) K. Bodie
7:35 Superintendent Report (30 minutes) K. Bodie
* Technology Plan
8:05 Subcommittee & Liaison Reports (20 minutes)
* Policies & Procedures
* Community Relations
* Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment & Accountability
* Legal Services Review Chair
8:25 Consent Agenda (5 minutes)
All items listed with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the committee so request, in which event the item will be considered in its normal sequence:
*Approval of Warrant #13139 Dated, March 28, 2013, Total Warrant Amount $440,816.59
*Minutes for Approval: None
*Ida Robbins Scholarship recipients: Two AHS seniors with highest GPA
8:30 Secretary’s Report (5 minutes)
8:35 Executive Session (25 minutes)
To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with union and/or nonunion personnel or contract negotiations with union and/or nonunion in which if held in an open meeting may have a detrimental effect.
To conduct strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation, in which if held in an open meeting may have a detrimental effect, Collective bargaining may also be conducted.
Update on Superintendent Contract Negotiations
* Vote to approve Kathleen Bodie, Ed. D, Superintendent’s Contract
* The listings of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair that may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Submitted by Paul Schlichtman,
Chairperson Pro Tempore, Arlington School Committee
** Stated times and time amounts (listed in parenthesis) are the estimated amount of time for that particular agenda item. Actual times may be shorter or longer depending on the time needed to fully explore the topic.