What do people see when they google your name? Does LinkedIn help your personal brand or not?
This summer PLUGGEDIN is offering a three-part LinkedIn workshop taking place on three consecutive Tuesdays -Aug. 6, 13 and 20, which will be limited to 15 participants.
Do you wonder
- if you are getting the most out of your LinkedIn profile?
- what might others may see when they google your name?
- if you are doing all that you can to build your personal brand?
- how you can amp up your LinkedIn profile and your brand?
Wonder no more! This August, GET PLUGGEDIN to making LinkedIn work for you! Here is what's happening each week:
- Photographer Bette Yip will take head shots of you for your LinkedIn profile and to be used as a gravatar.
- Using a variety of resources, you will assess your online identity to determine how you are seen on the World Wide Web.
- Upload your new image to LinkedIn profile
- Create (or update) your gravatar
- Create relevant google alerts
- Create a google+ account
- Discuss in-person and online networking tips
Nancy Pratt,Assistant Director, Career Development for the Heller School at Brandeis Universitywill pull up your LinkedIn profile on the Community Room's large screen.
Nancy will spend about 5-7 minutes on your profile and provide feedback on your professional headline, industry and summary.
This is what else you need to know:
- The series will be limited to 15 attendees.
- Look for the registration email next week.
- There will be a $30 reservation fee. (Attendees will receive a $10 refund upon arrival at each session they attend. Participants who attend all 3 sessions will be reimbursed in full, making this series free.)
- Attendees must have a LinkedIn profile that is at least 85% complete (see email next week as to what sections must be completed)
- Attendees must be laptop proficient. If you own one, please bring it. Laptops will be available for attendees who do not own a laptop.
At the end of the series, you will have:
- 3 professional head shots, already sized for use on LinkedIn and as a gravatar
- assessed how you are represented on the Internet with tips on improving your personal brand on the World Wide Web
- concrete tips from Nancy Pratt on how to improve your LinkedIn profile
- the tools you need to optimize your LinkedIn profile and your personal brand
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please email me at mmeagher at yournextquest.com
I hope to see you there!
Where & When
Robbins Library Community Room
700 Mass. Ave.
Arlington, Massachusetts 02476
Tuesdays, Aug. 6, 13 and 20
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Event begins at 7 p.m.